P3DO pro 2.6 R2
September 28, 2018
P3DO 2.6 R2
September 28, 2018
P3dO Explorer 2.1 Newsletter
Thank to all of you 2.0 has been a real sucess and I wanted to fix some oddities
and also offer something fresh for the chistmas hollidays. So here comes 2.1.
2.1 is a small complementary update to 2.0.
Small in the sense that it doesn't contain a lot of new features, but there are a lot
of internal improvements and bug fixes.
2.1 has only been released for the pro version. Free version users may still get it.
An unregistered P3dO pro is very similar to the free one and even has a few features more.
Go get 2.1 on the
P3dO pro download page.
Note to Poser users: do I need to say upgrade to 2.1 Poser plugins pack is recommended ?
P3dO pro 2.1 in brief
I've been working a lot on Poser plugins:
- Librarian 2.1 has new report options ("Reference not in same Runtime" and
"Absolute reference" now being reported), and a revisited html report. Report
rules have been carefully and deeply reviewed.
- Scene Manager 2.1 : a smarter grid with check boxes, simplified way of selecting runtimes
and editing paths. It is now possible to set any destination directory and not just a Runtime.
- ZipInstaller 1.1 : improved message boxes for file override and final unzip message, some fix too.
- Pattern Renamer 2.1 : added combo boxes on edit fields, and a smarter grid in detailed renaming
P3dO comes with internal improvements:
- The Information panel is now showing an icon indicating the Poser category the folder belongs
to (Character, Pose, Props,...)
- Mores figures for Poser cloth detection list (Alexa, Darcassian & Maradanian), totalling 65 figures
- Zip loader has been reviewed to cope with some large pictures formats (zipped PSD, TGA & BMP
will load much faster).
- 3DS format over exposure fixed
- 3D preview zoom has been fixed.
- 3D Cached thumbnails capture quality improved (note that you may update existing thumbs with
the "Update Thumbnail" button)
- The 3D ground grid now has a chess board look and the bounding box has a separate color
- Floating windows may be docked on Vista.
- Updated &
- And the usual bunch of minor improvements, bug fixes, and bugs ;)
Next update is 2.2 (spring 2009).
The 2009 P3dO trend is to strenghten Poser support. More Librarian, more Scene Manager,
more ZipInstaller,... in a word: more ;)
Carrara: I've been repeatedly asked to add Carrara support to P3dO
(thumbnails and attached files). I'd really love to.
I would say 90% is done but I'm missing key informations on how to read the binhex format
(internal Carrara encoding). If anybody has information on binhex format please send it to me
and Carrara mistery will be unveiled.
Translations: We are looking for goodwill to update the P3dO Italian, Spanish and
Each translation is less than 1 hour of your time and this is so helpful to non english
speaking users and to P3dO.
If you are interested click here.
Thanks: I would like to thank those people who send suggestions of improvements.
2.1 Poser plugin updates are the direct result of this.
Don't hesitate to ask for more, as we are willing to do just: more ;)
Feedbacks, suggestions are welcome.
I wish everybody a merry christmas and best wishes for year 2009 to come.
You were send this newsletter because you suscribed to it, you may unsuscribe by visiting our website
and submitting your e-mail in the e-mail field Unsuscribe.